Screening Assessments for IRLEN SYNDROME at Aldon Ballarat
What is Irlen Syndrome? ®
- a visual processing disorder – but can affect people who have perfect eyesight and high to normal intelligence.
- is also known as: Visual Dyslexia; Scotopic Sensitivity Disorder
- a hidden learning difficulty not an intellectual disability
- can greatly hamper a person’s ability to achieve their full potential in study and work.
- symptoms occur on a continuum and can include: persistent reading &/or spelling difficulties; sensitivity to fluorescent lights and glare; frequent headaches or migraines; often feeling exhausted by the end of the day; ADHD/ADD- like behaviours; visual stress; poor depth perception; distortions of print and difficulty reading black text on a white page.
AT ALDON TUTORING BALLARAT we have a certified Irlen Screener/Consultant who can test individuals for Irlen Syndrome. If Irlen is the underlying cause of an individual’s problems, most people can be quickly helped using the Irlen Method of treatment. This is non-invasive, does not involve medication and is relatively cost-effective. The Irlen Method can truly change lives and has been a ‘miracle’ for many people around the world.
Please CALL: 0417 593 416 to discuss your concerns or to book an Irlen Screening.
For more information, please see our page Visual processing difficulties.